The professional objective of organising this meeting is to provide a forum for an international exchange of ideas on various aspects of inventories.
- Economics of Inventories
- Inventory Management
- Mathematical Models of Inventories
- Forecasting for Inventories
Papers on macro- and microeconomics, econometrics, economic policy, business, management, operations management and operations research aspects of inventory problems and related fields (production, logistics, etc.) are invited.
Besides the regular paper presentations we plan to have special sessions. We also plan roundtables and free discussions. You can read further details by clicking the title of these sessions (coming soon).
- Maintenance Service Logistics [Read more >>]
- Modelling and Managing Inventories of Perishable Products [Read more >>]
- Empirical Evidence for Inventory Theories [Read more >>]
- Inventory and Warehouse Management within Digital Supply Chains [Read more >>]
- Teaching Inventory Management and Control [Read more >>]
All abstract submissions must be made online before 31 March 2018. The online database will be launched soon.
(If you are unable to submit your abstract online please contact the organizers for further instructions.)
- All abstracts must be written in English
- The abstract text should be within 2500 characters (together with space) and typeface: Arial Type, 12 pt, single space
- The abstract title must be brief (max. 2 lines allowed in “Title Case” format) and clearly indicate the nature of the investigation
- Authors number: will be maximized: 10 names
- Workplaces: max. 10 different workplaces
- The abstract must represent original work and should be as informative as possible. Conclusions must be supported by data. The body of the abstract should be ordered as follows:
- Objectives of study
- Materials and methods
- 5 keywords needed at the end of the abstract text
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any error in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author
- Submitted abstracts can be seen, modified or deleted within the whole period of the abstract submission online
- Once the abstract has been submitted, modified or deleted, the corresponding author will automatically receive an acknowledgement of receipt, modification or cancellation (by email)
- Correspondence regarding the abstracts such as confirmation of submission, notification of acceptance or rejection and instructions for presentation will only be sent to the corresponding author. It is his/her responsibility to forward the information to all co-authors
- The presenting author is required to register for the Symposium and pay the registration fee as a condition of presenting the paper
Those who wish to present their paper “in absentia”should also submit an abstract before 31 March, 2018 and if accepted, send the full paper (also 25.000 characters) not later than 31 July, 2018. These papers will be copied and distributed among the participants, and can also be included in the Proceedings. Processing and handling fee (EUR 100) is to be paid with the “in absentia” papers. This option is open only for ISIR members.
Abstracts will undergo a blind review. Executive Committee members, Session Chairs will act as reviewers. Decisions regarding acceptance will be made by 30 April, 2018. The volume of abstracts will be available at the Symposium.
Instructions for speakers
PowerPoint or PDF presentations are accepted on Memory sticks, CD-ROM or DVD (memory sticks are recommended). Version MS PowerPoint 2003-2013 is recommended. Laptops and projectors will be available for the presenters. (Please note that there will be no overhead projectors available.) Macintosh users who wish to use an own laptop are kindly requested to bring the proper converter cord.
Publication of the Proceedings
A selection of the submitted papers will be published in a Special Issue of the respected International Journal of Production Economics. The selection will be based on a refereeing procedure after the symposium. Those who wish to have their papers published will be requested to submit their paper online (approximately 25.000 characters). The final version of the paper should be uploaded before 30 September 2018.
Detailed instructions about the criteria of the submission: http://www.elsevier.com/